Tutorial to create a category index page.
Post must have a category (click here to learn how to add a new category). If you do not link your post to the category you want, WordPress will set the default category for you.
How To Create Category Index :
- Create a new page, select the template “Category Index” from the Template drop down list on the right panel.
- Save the page
- Go to Appearance > Widgets, find “Category Index” tab. Drag “Genesis Featured Post” widget from the left and put it there.
- Name the widget based on your category you want to show, select the category and display maximum 6 items. Make sure the featured image is checked and choose the size you want (in this example, I am using a square image 400×400).
- Do it multiple times, add a new genesis featured post widget and drag it to the category index panel again if you have many categories you want to show. Example of multiple categories :
- Want to add it to your menu? View the tutorial here.